Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Run for the Pasig River

Last 6th of October, Sunday, a fun run was held around the Quezon Memorial Circle. We took the cab before 4:30 am. We arrived roughly at 4:50 am and had to walk from cluster 22 through cluster 7 due to the heavy traffic as early as that time in the morning and the cab can no longer take us to as far as the commonwealth avenue. This was a fun run so this was actually expected by others, though for some of us, it was quite surprising. I’ve never really had that kind of experience before as I have never been to such an event. I felt excited and at the same time nervous. What was the road to wherever going to be like? How will it be for me? What kind of experience will this be for me as a first-timer?
To be quite honest here, it really was annoying to wait and to think that it has started when it actually hasn’t. Anyway, the part where we were close to the “start” was very exciting. Why? First, we may run already. Second, I won’t be in a big crowd anymore.  When we passed the starting point, there was a really big crowd to the left. I learned that it was because of Kim Chiu and a guy I actually don’t know. They were celebrities and most people would normally be thrilled. I run off together with one of my friends since we weren’t as interested. We started off jogging and then ran just to keep up with our other classmates’ pace but alas we couldn’t. We let them go. We ran, then walked, then ran, then walked. When we were near the finish line, I felt happiness. I was really happy because it’s finished. I was happy because I did something productive.
My friend and I finished before eight in the morning. We looked for our other classmates but we couldn’t find them. We were tired and hungry but couldn’t really find somewhere to eat or at the very least, somewhere to sit. She went home while I went with another friend. We arrived at the SM North Edsa by means of walking knowing that waiting for a jeepney will lead to nothing. We ate and met up with few of our friends. We went to a game center to pass time. My friends and I went to my house to be able to rest and such. They went home before 4:30 pm.
All in all, it was a fun experience, tiring but really fun. I did enjoy the experience a lot. I hope I could participate in another event like this. I am really looking forward to helping again and being productive for our Ilog Pasig.

No comments:

Post a Comment